The Rocket in front of Neenah High School was formerly located at the U.S. Cavalry Museum at Fort Riley, Kan. Known as "Honest John," it was donated to the school by the Center for Military History in Washington, D.C. in the fall of 1988. The project was an effort of the student congress to gain a mascot for the school. The class of 1933, parents of the class of 1988 and Neenah dentist Robert Hering donated money for the project. Installation and painting was provided by several local businesses, costing the school nothing.